Thursday 31 January 2013

Things I love :)

 My son is at such an awesome age when he is becoming more mobile (but isn't yet), communicates in ways other then crying (much more then before), learns new things every day and EVERYTHING interests him. This stage is a much easier stage for the parent then many of the ones previously and it is SUPER fun.

    Some of the things I love that he does now:
Army crawl

Smiling when he can see family members
Laughing
Higher independence level


Trying to take toys away from me to play with
Seeing favourite things developing (toys, songs, stories etc etc.)

How excited and happy he is when we are doing diaper changes and bath times
Shrieking (yep I love it. Find it hilarious)
Love it when he says "mamama" before he starts crying (I know he doesn't yet connect me to the word yet but it still warms my heart)
Love when he sucks his lips in and tries to smile, it is just TOO funny
Love that when he feels shy he burrows his head into my chest
There is a TON more of course but these come to mind REAL fast :)

     Even when a particular day is hard I look at my son and at moments get swept away with love for my little man. Never before I got pregnant could I imagine the strength with which one could love, everyone knows you will love you're child but this is just beyond what I could have ever imagined!Of course I won't lie and say that everything is always rosy and wonderful. Sometimes I want to cry along him. Sometimes I feel so frustrated I feel like leaving the room. Sometimes I'm hungry or need the restroom and can't step away because he is crying but you deal with things the best you could and he great days definitely outnumber the bad days. Although even the great days can be tiring! Being a mom is so hard and I have the utmost respect for stay at home moms especially when they have multiple children ESPECIALLY  if those children are young.  With this in mind I remember reading this once upon a time (many probably have read it already but rereading this does one good I think :

"A man came home from work and found his three children outside, still in their pajamas, playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all around the front yard. The door of his wife's car was open, as was the front door to the house and there was no sign of the dog. Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall. In the front room the TV was loudly blaring a Cartoon channel, and the family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing. In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled on the counter, the fridge door was open wide, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back door. He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she might be ill, or that something serious had happened. He was met with a small trickle of water as it made its way out the bathroom door. As he peered inside he found wet towels, scummy soap and more toys strewn over the floor. Miles of toilet paper lay in a heap and toothpaste had been smeared over the mirror and walls. As he rushed to the bedroom, he found his wife still curled up in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel. She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went. He looked at her bewildered and asked, 'What happened here today?' She again smiled and answered, 'You know every day when you come home from work and you ask me what in the world do I do all day?' 'Yes,' was his incredulous reply. She answered, 'Well, today I didn't do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment