Thursday 25 April 2013

The Call

   My son was sick so obviously my posting has been rare. Now he is beginning to feel better and I have a few stories to tell. It's been a hard week but there have been some smiles and chuckles also, not only tears.

   Tuesday my mom stayed home with Alek and me. We were cleaning and playing. My mom was sitting on the couch holding Alek and of course he caught sight of the highly coveted phone. Oh, his eyes would not leave that piece of technology. A toy! It must be the greatest toy ever, if no one gives it to me! It makes noises, it has buttons, it can be bitten, so much to say about that phone, its fabulous. So he reached out and began to whine. My mom didn't think twice and gave it to him. This is when he gave a huge smile and happily began to bite the phone and press buttons with glee.



Next thing I know the phone is ringing. Okay, Dad or M is calling yet again. "Hello"
"Hello, someone from your house just called the police."
My mouth drops a little and I feel frozen for a moment. "Uh uhmm, my 8 month old was just playing with the phone. He must have accidentally called."
"Okay, who else is in the house with you?"
"Just my mom, my son and I"
"We still have to come by"
"Okay"

   So my darling little baby somehow called the COPS! HOW?!
    Anyhow. So a police officer came by took my name, DOB and yet again asked if anyone else was in the house at the moment. Also "so this is your son you called?". Yep, the little man sitting in my arms is the one who called you guys. There was no lecture but there was a hint of a chuckle and yet a feeling of being uncomfortable. I was expecting a lecture. No lecture occurred. All was absolutely fine but I do not reccomend anyone giving their child a phone to play with. The police who come may not be so nice.

   A year ago my SIL said this happened to her. Her 2 year old was playing with the phone and this happened. Did anyone even remotely think this could happen when the phone was given to a baby? No. But apparently it can so be careful and don't give a house phone to your child. He may surprise you. How does the saying go? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me? No more phone play!

5 comments:

  1. Hi there! I have ventured over from the Happy Kids, Inc blog hop. Thrilled to be connecting with someone new!

    XOXO, Mandi @ All My Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gosh, how could he dialed the police! but that just proved for the authorities to be cautious even with you saying it was just your son, they still went to your house to make sure everything was okay..

    by the way sasha, i'm here to say congratulations because you're one of our certified blog hoppers! so grab our button when you get the chance!

    huggies,
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! That's pretty funny! My baby loves the phone too...last week he dialed "666" and I was freaking out! He will do anything to crawl across us/furniture/the dog to get to our phones!

    I'm stopping by from the Aloha Hop! Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ekk I am so glad my little man hasn't done this! It is however good that the police came and did a check up even though you said there was nothing to worry about!!

    http://youngmumsguidetosurvival.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete